The Hungry Canadian
giving food some
well deserved credit
Home » , , , , , , » A Great Sandwich: Grilled Chicken on Focaccia Bread

A Great Sandwich: Grilled Chicken on Focaccia Bread

Written By Unknown on Tuesday, July 21, 2015 | 10:31

Sandwiches are for everyone. Royalty, plumbers, engineers, daredevils, they all have eaten many sandwiches. There is a sandwich for every personality and style, from hipster to workplace chic. I haven't discovered my perfect sandwich, but that won't stop me from sharing some of the more notable finds on my quest.


I'm a sucker for a grilled sandwich, be it cheese, veggie, meat or any combination thereof. I noticed this sandwich in Food Wares Market at Queen Street, part of The Bay. When I read that it came on Focaccia bread I was sold. I don't often get Focaccia bread sandwiches, and never a grilled one before, so I thought it was a good opportunity to try it.


After tasting it, I realized why I always try to act on opportunities involving food. This sandwich is melted goodness. Soft, warm, seasoned chicken with a few tomato slices and braised spinach add to the texture of the bread. The goat cheese adds a nice salty and creamy dimension to the vegetables. After heating the sandwich in an oven for a few minutes it goes into a sandwich press. The press adds the final delicious crunch to the outside of the sandwich giving it that wonderful feeling when you bite down.

For $9 this was a fantastic sandwich that definitely tops my list of favourites. It would go great with a drink that has a strong zest like lemonade or a carbonated drink. I hope you get a chance to bite down on one of these whether you buy one or try to make one at home.
SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment