The Hungry Canadian
giving food some
well deserved credit

Squish Gummy Bears (Cranberry and Elderflower)

Written By Unknown on Thursday, July 16, 2015 | 21:07

Yesterday, while I was shopping at the Eaton Centre with my wife, we needed to get home quickly as I was going to be late for work. We ended up taking the Queen Street subway entrance as opposed to the Dundas entrance, and we ended up next to a small, underground artisanal food shop, across from The Bay. Intrigued and excited, we went in to take a look into Food Wares Market.

Now, falling in love with this place would be an understatement. Riddled in this shop were tons of fine foods and desserts, most of which I usually don't see in my part of Toronto. I was enamored by the quirky snacks and sauces, and went head over heels for their sweets section. It isn't your average supermarket store or whole foods market. It felt like a piece of old Kensington Market had been transposed into the centre of bustling downtown Toronto.

As I was running late for work, I limited myself to one item from the store. I chose a small box of gourmet gummy bears made by Squish Candies, in the flavour Cranberry and Elderberry. Squish Candies uses natural ingredients to create gourmet sweets and the quality really shows.



 These delicious gummies have a muted splash of real cranberry flavour that blends well with the soft elderflower taste without being overpowering. The gummy is sweet while maintaining the tartness of real fruit.

These are stiffer than your average store bought gummy which is the only thing I can't rave about as I prefer my gummies much softer. Even with the one personal drawback, these are very tasty with a nice, balanced, fruity flavour. I picked up this small box for $4 at the Hudson's Bay in the Eaton Centre. You can also browse Squish candy's website for a much wider collection of their gummy candies here.
SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment