The Hungry Canadian
giving food some
well deserved credit
Home » , , » Tim Horton's Reese Cup Doughnut

Tim Horton's Reese Cup Doughnut

Written By Unknown on Thursday, July 16, 2015 | 21:22

So I walked into a Tim Horton's today and I saw a new doughnut. Now these new doughnuts are always a gamble, even for myself, a serious sweets craver. When I saw that it was peanut butter cup themed, I felt reassured that it would be a good combination. 
Credit: Newswire.ca
It is modeled after a boston cream doughnut with a custard-flavoured filling. The doughnut itself is chocolate flavoured and has a chocolate dipped top with peanuts sprinkled on top. The center had a nicely placed trio of mini peanut butter cups. I was quite disappointed when I took a bite and realized the filling had nothing to do with either peanut butter or chocolate and was instead the custard filling. The filling weighed the taste down and did not match well with either the doughnut or the toppings. 

The doughnut was tasty aside from the filling and I did like the touch of adding the sprinkled peanuts. Overall I will pass on this doughnut if I see it again, but I would encourage others who think it may be more to their taste.
SHARE

About Unknown

0 comments :

Post a Comment